Saturday, October 22, 2011

BOAT = Bring on Another Thousand

I wanted to take my boat to Donner Lake this year for the first time.  I used to go to this lake with a friend of mine, and I had another friend from Rotary reminding me what a great lake it is, so I decided it was time to take the Tige to Donner Lake.   
I brought my friends Cassandra, JW, George and Kym with me on this day at the lake.   We had a really nice day.  The weather was good but the wind picked up in the afternoon.   The water was cold but not so cold it was unbearable. 

We spend the day tubing, a little wakeboarding, and a lot of lounging around on the boat.  Things were going great but I noticed the boat wasn’t performing as well as it should.  I was having a hard time getting George up on the wakeboard which was odd.  It felt like the boat didn’t have enough power but I couldn’t see anything in the gages that would explain what the problem was.  I see any signs of trouble so I didn’t pay much attention to it and we just kept on enjoying the day. 
JW helping George take off the wakeboard. 

Cassandra & JW ~ just celebrated their 2nd wedding anniversary in October!

Kym & George
At about 3pm we decided to call it a day and head back to the dock.  About 20 yards away from the dock the boat completely died while we were in gear.  I was a little panicked but I didn’t let my guests know.  I was able to get the boat running again, thank God, so we took it to the dock.  We tied off and I brought the truck and trailer around to load the boat.  When I got back in and started the boat it started fine.  I knew something was still wrong so I figured I had better take it into the shop when I return to Reno. 
It isn't a normal day at the lake unless I get a talkin to from a Sheriff
After a lot of diagnostic work at the boat shop they determined I had a fuel injection and sensor problem.  The famous boat saying is “Do you know what boat stands for?  Bring. On. Another. Thousand.”  And boy is that saying correct!  It was so expensive to fix the boat that I decided to just winterize it and call it a year.  I will fix all the problems in the Spring when I have more money and more time to use the boat to make sure it is running correctly. 
I was bummed the boat was broken but I feel like my last day of the boating season was a fabulous day on the lake and I couldn’t have asked for a better boating day to end my boating season.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no not a broken boat!! And to think I was just ready to go boating with you....... Jk.

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha,ha someday Val, someday. :-)

    ReplyDelete