Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy 29th Birthday to me! ~ It's Official!

We woke up in our comfy nice hotel rooms, got ready, had the free continental breakfast, Nick got to open his belated birthday present from my family, and then it was back to the lake. 

It was really nice to have the boat tied to the dock so when we got there we could just jump in and go, no launching, no messing with the trailer, none of that mess.  It is so much more relaxing when the boat is already in the water, this is one of the many things I love about renting dock space at the Bullards Bar Marina.

Our first task of the day was to feed the fish at the marina.  For a donation you can get a bag of fish food at the marina store.  Bullards Bar is famous for the big carp.  The fish are huge!  Bigger than a small pug dog I saw on the dock, I think the carp would eat him for dinner if they had the chance. 
So we fed the fish and enjoyed some time at the marina.  Then it was off for more boating.  Because we were only staying half day we didn’t set up a beach camp, we just packed a little lighter and everyone stayed on the boat.  It was so fun to share boating with my family and friends.  We are really lucky, not everyone gets to enjoy these types of memories. 
The kids did some tubing, they even took Grandma Jennifer along for the ride. 

Jennifer, Bob, Me, Brandon, Jana, Nick and Matty
We dropped everyone off at the dock early in the afternoon because they needed to be home at a certain time and I stayed at the lake with my parents for a few more hours.  It was great because I got to wakeboard more and I got to go see the waterfall on the river channel.  There wasn’t one thing that I missed on this trip, everything I wanted to do I got to do.  It was a great trip, I couldn’t ask for anything better for my 29th birthday. 

Look closely and you can see the waterfall
Reflections on turning 29…
As I headed into my 29th year I made a vow to live life to the fullest this year.  I plan on having a lot of fun and probably doing some stupid things.  This is my plan because it is the last year I can blame my stupidity on being in my twenties and not knowing any better. 
I think 29 is going to be a fabulous year for me, I’ve just got a feeling.  I am not quite a kid anymore but I also don’t feel quite like an adult.  I know I am wiser than I was and every day I learn something new and grow as a person.
So salute to turning 29, may it be my best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment