Saturday, May 14, 2011

Choppy Choppy Chop

On Wednesday May 11th I participated in the Locks of Love cut-a-thon at Salon 2000.  I donated about 11 inches of hair to Locks of Love who will then make prostheses for people who have lost hair due to cancer and other medical conditions.  
I had a lot of fun at the salon that day getting my hair done.  Before I arrived there were at least 20 donations and then while I was there they had 4 or 5 other ladies get their hair chopped off at the same time as I got my haircut.  It was fun because it was like watching a makeover TV show in person.


  
After the haircut there was a lady there from Dermalogica that had a special tool that shows what kind of skin damage you have experienced as you age.  It shows where your skin is dry, oily, and damaged from the sun.  I have always wanted to see what my skin looked like using this tool so I was excited to give it a shot.  To my surprise I didn’t have as much sun damage as I thought I would.  For being a sun worshipper in my youth it looks like I did pretty good with the sunscreen on my face.    So not only did I get a great new haircut I also received a skin analysis.

Me and Kay

This is the second time I have donated my hair to Locks of Love but it was my first time participating in a cut-a-thon, I think it is a great cause and it made me feel good to help other people.  

I love my new haircut! 


1 comment:

  1. woohoo!!! way to go lady! you look prettier than ever. love love the new look.

    ReplyDelete