Thursday, May 19, 2011

A year ago today I was in Florence, Italy

This was the day we explored Florence.  It rained all day, but I liked it so it was okay.  We started our tour seeing  Michelangelo’s David, which is an iconic piece of art and history.  I finally felt like I understood what a genius Michelangelo was, and how amazing and brilliant he was.
Then after we saw David we went and saw the Cathedral and Signoria Square.  We also went shopping.  Florence is known for it’s leather goods and gold jewelry.  At one of the stores they asked me to be a model for their leather coat when my group did a tour of the leather shop.  The leather was so soft but incredibly expensive.  I ended up finding my Italian Horn necklace at the shop we toured that sold leather and gold.  I absolutely love my necklace!  Italian gold has to be at least 18K so it is a very nice necklace.  Thank goodness at this time last year gold wasn’t as expensive as it is now or I probably wouldn’t have bought the necklace. 

We had a great lunch and then after touring Florence we returned to Montecatini.  I went shopping at the market in front of my hotel and bought a table cloth and a baby bib for my friend Jessica’s future bambino.   






No comments:

Post a Comment